"The greatest gifts we can give our children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence."
-Dr. Maria Montessori
What is Montessori ?
· A learning method supporting the natural development of the child
· Children learn at their own pace and follow individual interests
· Understanding comes through experiences via the materials and the
promotion of children’s ability to find things out for themselves
· Students learn factual knowledge through movement and the senses
· The physical exploration and cognition of children are linked
· The individual development brings its own reward and motivation
· The teacher works in collaboration with the children
For more information about Montessori education, please visit: https://amshq.org
What is Catechesis of the Good Shepherd?
· An approach to the Catholic religious formation of children
· CGS is rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the church, and the educational principles of Maria Montessori
· Children gather in an “atrium,” a room prepared for them, containing simple yet beautiful materials that they work with to draw closer to Christ in prayer
For more information about Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, please visit https://madisondiocese.org/catechesis-of-the-good-shepherd